How to Set Up Buy X Get Y Free in Magento?
Magento Go is a fully capable eCommerce platform – and one of its most powerful features is its flexible price rules. Magento Go offers Catalog Price Rules as well as Product Price Rules.
The purpose of this article is to get your creative juices flowing and give you a step-by-step guide showing you how to create one type of promotion. To learn the basics of promotional price rules, read our guide on Promotional Price Rules.
In this example, we’re going to show you how to offer a “buy five get one free” promotion. In your case, you may want to implement buy 2, get one free. In any case, the format of our example is:
Buy X quantity of product, get Y quantity for free.
How to do it
- From the Admin Panel, select Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules.
- Click Add New Rule to create a new catalog price rule.
- Configure the settings in General Information and Conditions tabs. Then, click Actions in the left side panel.
- Set the Apply drop-down menu field to Buy X get Y free (discount amount is Y).
- Set Discount Amount to 1. This is the quantity that is discounted (the Y value, the quantity received for free).
- Set Discount Qty Step (Buy X) to 5. This is the quantity that the customer must purchase (X value) in order to qualify for the discount amount.
- If you want to specify which products qualify for the promotion, create new conditions in the section just below the Actions configurations. This section is conveniently titled Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions. Leaving this blank will apply the promotion to all items in your catalog.
- Click Save Rule to save all changes.
I was exactly talking about this with a friend yesterday, and now i found about it in your blog. this is awesome. What a great post! thanks very much for sharing it with us…
I came to your page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter.